Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Imperial College Tour

Hi all,
I've been to Imperial College three times now, so here are some early pictures and impressions:

Here is the front of the entrance to the materials department, originally called the "Royal School of Mines":




The plaque next to the crazy statues says this place was originally made by King Edward VII 1909:

Inside the main campus is a nice cafeteria, smaller than Chandler at Caltech:
The cafeteria appears to have some exciting restaurants, but they seem to be closed for the summer:


I ended up buying a roast beef sandwich, only to realize that it has literally only one slice of meat among the sea of bread.


I have yet to make a true culinary discovery (that I can afford), so I will keep looking.
Pictures of the inner campus:

Bioengineering labs:

In the front greeting area:

I also had some time to look around the shopping districts, though never buying anything.  Here is Harrods, a place so fancy I was afraid to take pictures inside (maybe another time):



 On Oxford street, there are a lot of trendy shops located in very historic looking buildings:




Some statues next to Oxford Street:



New exciting posts coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. Very classic and grand campus!
    Me too was impressed that the Brit sandwich is very lean in meat and the juice is near bitter due to lack of sugar.
    See how much obesity in the States. Yesterday I had a 17 yo at 260lbs. Shouldn't fast food industry take part of the blame?

    ReplyDelete