Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Beginning

Hello all,

Welcome to my semi-travel blog.  As a bit of background, I am going to live in London, UK for a year under a Fulbright student scholarship.  While there, I will work for a Masters of Philosophy degree at Imperial College London.  I have actually  never been to Europe before this trip, so it will be quite an adventure.
A brief summary of my trip beginnings:
It starts with a dreary day in Seattle, WA


 Stopping over at Chicago, which was much nicer...










 Arrived in London bright and early!

 The front of Pembridge Hall, where I am staying


 It's located in a row of white houses.



After I arrived at 8am, I was informed that I couldn't get my room until 2pm, so I went to their TV room and promptly fell asleep.  I think a janitor came in, gave me a weird look, and went out.  I'm pretty sure other people came in too, but really it was all a blur.

My single room:



Some more parts of the dorm:



Walking through Kensington Gardens:




Royal Albert Hall:

Imperial College:



Is this in the states!?


So my first beginnings in London have been very exciting.  I've eaten the local fare (Nando's Chicken and chocolate digestives), walked through the gardens, looked at the front of very old buildings, and lost my debit card (the inevitable screwups...).  The tomorrow should be just as exciting, though perhaps not as adventure-filled, as was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment